In case there are some of you who follow this family blog, but have not yet signed up to follow my personal blog, I want to be sure you see this incredible news posted on that blog last night – Though the Winds Blow. (Click the title to get to that post.) We are so excited and want whole the world to hear this beautiful story of God’s provision and His faithfulness.
Short update on the family:
- Murray has gone to his new home and is doing very well there and showing no signs of aggression in that new environment. He has bonded with his new owner in ways that he never seemed to be able to with us. Here’s a funny picture of him all decorated for the Fourth of July. His new owner is a dog groomer and loves being able to do fun things with his fur. He is totally attached and devoted to her, and this helps ease the pain in our hearts of having to find him a new home.
- New glasses for 12 people!
- Lots of birthday celebrations for kids and grandkids.
- Braces on three kids’ teeth
- The incredible gift of home improvement construction has continued
- Kathryn’s surgery is now one week from today. I am feeling some anxiety over this because we’ve already been through this surgery six times before; we know how hard it can be. Getting Kathryn through it will be a whole different story than it was for the others. We are ready to get this behind us, but dreading it more than we can say. Friends have graciously stepped up to provide meals for the kids here at home. We are so thankful for this, because we expect that we will both need to stay by Kathryn’s side constantly throughout her hospital stay. We are holding onto this precious promise:“As your days, so shall your strength be. There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, and in His excellency on the clouds. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” Deuteronomy 33:27
Please pray for her and for us as we care for her. She still has her abdominal drain in place and continues to fluctuate, usually daily, between this:
- And the last thing is just the huge news mentioned above. Pop over to read that post if you haven’t already seen it.
Thank you so much for your continued love and prayers. We will post more as we go through Kathryn’s surgery next week.